THE SOFTGEL CAPSULE
A SUPERIOR DELIVERY SYSTEM WITH WIDE-RANGING APPLICATIONS
The SGC is a solid dosage form composed of two gelatin films that contain semisolid or liquid APIs protected by an external, hermetically sealed cover.
Softgels ensure high precision dosage by achieving homogeneity of ingredients. An effective delivery system for oral drugs, especially those with low solubility and/or permeability (BCS class II, III and IV(1))
Key SGC characteristics:
- Enhanced bioavailability of active ingredients
- Attractive physical appearance
- Greater stability
- Extended shelf life
- Masks unpleasant odors and flavors
- Consumer preferred dosage form (easier to swallow than traditional dosage forms)
Main SGC applications:
- Nutritional: Supplements, vitamins, concentrates and other natural products
- Pharmaceutical: Products for any type of indication (OTC and Rx)
- Cosmeceuticals: Cosmetic products that have medicinal properties
Innovative softgel technologies for OTC, Rx and nutraceutical products that can maximize your brands and market potential. Ideation, expertise and quality come together.