Company dedicated to the manufacture of medicines, is committed to planning, and implementing education, promotion and prevention strategies and actions aimed at reducing and eliminating road accidents and promoting the safe behavior of different road actors. Consequently, all the people who work in the company are responsible for actively participating in the activities programmed and carried out by the Road Safety Committee aimed at reducing the probability of occurrence of accidents that may affect the physical, mental, and social integrity of the employees. officials, contractors, the community in general and the environment.
To comply with this policy, PROCAPS SA, adopts the requirements of the Colombia National Road Safety Plan 2011 - 2021 and commits to the following measures:
- Comply with the applicable legal requirements in terms of road safety, with the continuous improvement of its strategic road safety plan through an comprehensive management system and it is willing to carry out its proper development.
- Comply with the regulations established in the National Road Transport Code according to Law 769 of 2002 issued by the Congress of the Republic of Colombia and modified by Law 1383 of 2010, as established in Resolution of the Ministry of Labor No. 1565 of 2014 and other related norms that add, complement, or modify them. Which are framed in principles of safety, quality, preservation of a healthy environment and the protection of public space.
- Monitor and respect the driving and rest shifts, established in PROCAPS SA, without allowing exceeding the scheduled hours.
- Encourage our drivers to respect the speed limits established by law, these being: 80 km/h on the highway, 60 km/h in perimeter zones and 30 km/h in school, residential and hospital zones. Considering that these speed limits can only be exceeded according to article 64 of Law 769 of 2002 (CNT), in duly authorized cases.
- Promote the mandatory use of seat belts among collaborators who drive in the exercise of their missionary activity to prevent risks associated with road safety.
- Prohibits the use of mobile phones when the vehicle is in motion.
- Establish awareness and education strategies for all its collaborators. through training actions aimed at the prevention of traffic accidents and respect for vehicular traffic rules and signs, which allow the adoption of proactive behaviors against defensive driving; and contribute to the dissemination of the Strategic Road Safety Plan to interested parties.
The above guidelines will be implemented under the Continuous Improvement approach